High Performance Furniture Paint
Our Paint is Pure Acrylic
What does this mean? This takes adhesion, coverage, and no priming to the next level! Acrylic resins adhere better, cover better, and cure to a harder and more durable finish. Say goodbye to the soft, easily scratched, and damaged nature of chalk style latex paints.
No Need to Prime or Sand
Zero VOC * Non Toxic
A classic, time-honored paint recognized for its rich, chalky finish. Designed for those that finish furniture professionally, but easy enough for the beginner.
Shabby Chalk-Acrylic Paint is an amazingly rich paint with unbelievable adhesion qualities. This makes our Chalk-Acrylic Paint the perfect decorative paint. No need to prime or sand.
The combination of modern technology and the highest quality all American ingredients have made our products the ultimate go to brand for affordable furniture finishing.
What makes Shabby Paints special?
As you might expect, our products offer the same advantages as some of the more expensive boutique brands: low prep, no priming, coverage in 1-2 coats and incredible adhesion to any surface. We didn’t stop there we used the latest technology to create a safe, zero VOC paint with even better coverage, more durability, superior adhesion, at the best possible price. No more frustrating applications, and annoying limitations, your welcome! Finally, a beautiful chalk finish without all the baggage!
Being Green has never been so beautiful.
Value & Affordability
We are just going to be honest here, it makes us really sad to see rescuing furniture as only a hobby for the elite. It is important to us to make the highest quality products that are affordable and available to everyone! This is the true spirit of shabby.
Why you’ll love Shabby Paints
- Our products are non-toxic and VOC-Free.
- Unlike waxed pieces, If you change your mind you do not have to strip or sand, just re-paint.
- Easy enough for beginners, no intimidating and complicated steps.
- Paint wood, metal, paper clay, fabric, concrete, laminate, tile, terracotta, glass, plastic, ceramic, metal, tin and so much more
- No long waits between coats, dries in minutes.
- Paint inside the house without fumes. Paint between phone calls, loads of laundry, and while the little ones’ nap.
- Get the Kids involved.
- True durability that lasts, inside or out! No more soft and tacky finishes that are hard to clean and easily ruined.
- No more limitations, our products are safe for bathrooms, kitchens and the great outdoors.
- Our products are made and sourced exclusively in the U.S.
- We never participate in animal testing and our products contain no animal by-products (Vegan friendly)
- 45 Sassy & Classy Colors.
Sound too good to be true? Put Shabby Paints to the test, and prepare to be delighted! Visit your nearest stylist to learn more.
Directions for Use: Thoroughly clean surface, be sure all grease and oils have been removed first. Stir paint. Apply with a soft brush or roller. Let dry then apply second coat if needed. If the paint is too thick for your liking add a little water or dampen your paint brush for a smooth finish. Distressing: Distressing after painting is great for a naturally worn look. Use 80-120 grit sandpaper or a dampened sanding block for easier cleanup. For a different layered, more chippy aged look, distress after your first coat of reVAX or VAX has dried. You can control with pressure how many of the previous layers you want to reveal.
- Use and store at temperatures between 60 to 85 degrees only.
- All Shabby Paints products are Made in the USA, NON-Toxic and contain NO VOC’s.
- Cleans up with soap and water.
- Comes in 8oz. 16oz. and 32oz. We use clear containers. We have nothing to hide.
- Works well with all Shabby Paints Products.
- No Animal Byproducts, no bees Wax, 100% Vegan.
- Great for Nurseries
- We use Green Manufacturing Practices.
- Contains no Caseins.
Shabby Paints Chalk-Acrylic is strong but flexible, so it even works on fabric.
Layer, distress, glaze, or reVAX for depth. Finish with one of our VAXes or Varnishes for ultimate lasting protection.
*Because we don’t use antifreeze or toxic chemicals Shabby Paints products can freeze if not stored properly. Keep paint in a dry area between 60 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
**If you are painting a redwood or something that could bleed through, test an area first and if you see bleed through block the tannins with two coats of VAX then paint.